blog about contributors archives Passion Magazine

April 15, 2011

Contrary to the Command

Hey girls, I just wanted to encourage you on something specific today: to not make big decisions without seeking God first. Recently, I made a bit of a mistake by rushing into something that I assumed I had God's answer for. I almost went completely through with it, without that important strong, clear direction from God. And now, let me tell you, I'm regretting having moved so fast!

We have a minor role in this life of ours if we've given it to God. It's His. We do not want to stray from that path that He has for us! The best plan is His, and that's why we need to seek His will in our decisions. He will speak, whether through a clear voice, through lining things up in an obvious, God-arranged way, a solid feeling of peace that won't ebb...if we seek Him hard enough. Wrestle with Him and trust that you will get the answer! Wait patiently and continue to ask. Get prayer from others. Just don't make the mistake of making a decision before you know what God wants!

And if you've already done something...seek God about it anyway. It might be something that's hard to reverse, but God might have a rerouting for you. Or, He could say you're in the right place! Let's have the heart of Balaam the prophet when he said, " 'Though Balak were to give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not do anything, either small or great, contrary to the command of the LORD my God.' " (Numbers 22:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment