blog about contributors archives Passion Magazine

May 8, 2011

God Sighting Challenge Entries Part 2

Hello Readers!
As promised, here is Part 2 of the Challenge entries that we received last month. It is my home and prayer that they are an encouragement to you.  If you would like to share how these entries made an impact in your life, please feel free to email us at passion@passionwebmag.com!


Early this morning, just as I was about to leave to work, I looked to my left and saw a rainbow above my house.  It was one of the biggest, brightest rainbows I have ever seen.  Suddenly I was filled with a sense of awe.  It's beauty was indescribable - I wanted to wake the whole neighborhood and show them this rainbow!  As I left to work, the rainbow only seemed to get bigger and brighter.  As I looked at its beauty, I felt in my heart like God was telling me that He keeps His promises.  He will keep His promise to give me a hope and a bright future, if I trust Him.  The rainbow was a reminder to me of God's unfailing love.  - Hannah K.

I went to a Maundy Thursday service and I experienced Gods presence among everything that has happened.  For me, this has been one of the craziest and hardest years I've went through.  As I was praying, I was asking God for his guidance and comfort to get me through all the obstacles.  For the past couple of months I've been crying and hurting a lot.  When I opened my eyes, I saw the glow of a candle amongst the darkness.  It was powerful and comforting because as I listened, I felt Gods presence.  I knew then that God has never left me and even though there are times that really blind you, there is always that light to pick you back up.  (I also heard this song and really sums what God has done for us on the cross.  It's very touching as well as a beautiful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowdjLeaCYs) - Cathrina K.

“Well, last night, it started to thunder and lightning. And let me tell you, God went all out on THAT display of love! I felt that with every incredibly loud boom, and every stunningly bright light, God was saying, ‘I love you, and I'm putting on this huge show just to let you know!’” - Katherine 

 “ I hadn't been in the shower 5 minutes last night when the lights went out! I was so afraid. I couldn't see ANYTHING! I clung to the shower curtain thinking that the curtain would save me. I called out, but everyone else in the house had gone to sleep. I reached out, trying to grab something, anything in that awful dark. A minute went by, and then I prayed and relaxed knowing that God had everything under control. Suddenly the lights came back on. But not just in the bathroom, but in my mind also.  Jesus Christ endured the dark for YOU! Just like the dark I experienced last night Christ endured the cross, a worse form of darkness.  So today, whatever dark you may be experiencing; a loss, depression, or even just an empty feeling, know that Christ endured the worst kind of darkness for you. When you give him control in your life, the darkness will be gone replaced by the Son! “ - Rachel C.

No comments:

Post a Comment