blog about contributors archives Passion Magazine

March 27, 2012

Goodbye from Haylie


  This is a bittersweet moment for me. I am sad to see this ministry go, but I am also so very happy for all that I got to see this ministry do. I am so glad and grateful to of been apart of it. It has helped me grow closer to God and closer to other Christian woman and for that, I am so very grateful. I am blessed with a God who has given me a wonderful 2 years with Passion and 6 months with The Pursuit. I will never forget this fun, educational and wonderful experience.

 First, I would like to thank sweet Miss Ariel for allowing me onto the staff and allowing me to take up The Pursuit. It has been a blessing to me and I so dearly hope that it has been a blessing to you readers as well. Ariel, you have been an amazing editor, co-worker and friend. You have such an amazing heart and you have been an amazing example of Christ. Keep that fire burning, girl!

 Second, I would like to thank all of the wonderful writers on The Pursuit. You all are truly awesome! You’ve put up with my rambling emails and quirky comments in those rambling emails! You all are true jewels. Though I   have not had much time with some of you and more time with others, I feel as though we have a bond that cannot be broken. You all are true blessings. Thank you.

 Third, I would like to thank you readers for not just following The Pursuit, but also reading it! I pray that all of   you discovered something from the articles that you’ve read and that it changed your heart. The Pursuit was made to help you ladies grow stronger and closer to God, and my prayer is that that goal was achieved, even if it reached only one person.

I would like to say one last thing to all of you readers. This is one lesson that I recently learned and I believe that every person, man and woman, should know and remind themselves of everyday. Always always always, give everything to God. When you get stressed, when your friend betrays you, when you have a huge decision to make, give it to God. Let Him write your story. Hand over the pen to the Author of the world’s best-selling book and, might I add, the greatest love story ever wrote! Lay it all before Him and trust in Him, then walk away from it. He will lead you down the right path if you let Him.

 Be like Hezekiah in Isaiah 37:14. “And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord.” Spread it before Him. Pray. He can turn a horrible moment in your life into something more beautiful than you can ever know. Trust Him and hand it over.

You all will forever be in my prayers! I can not wait to meet each and every one of you in heaven one day.

All my love,

Haylie Jo Gregory









No comments:

Post a Comment